Swim passes are here! Come by the Foothills Substation in person (with the child/children) and request a pass for one free admission to a city or county pool. Our substation is open Mondays through Fridays from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and the front desk staff will be providing the passes to those who come in person. The Foothills Substation is at 12800 Lomas Boulevard NE between Tramway and Juan Tabo.
Here’s the deal:
- Passes give a youth 17 years old or younger admission to a city or county swimming pool during regular recreation hours at the facility.
- An adult must accompany any children 10 years old or younger to the pool.
- These are not season passes — one pass is good for one admittance.
- Parents must bring the children to the Foothills substation to request passes.
- Passes are good from Memorial Day weekend until September 1, 2017.
- To find a list of city and county pools see the back of the pass or the City of Albuquerque web site (www.cabq.gov/acquatics) and Bernalillo County web site (www.bernco.gov) or call the Citizens Contact Center(dial 311).
- Stay out of ditches and arroyos.
- Have a great summer swimming in a safe and fun place!
Four More Guns Stolen: May-to-date we are up to 22 stolen guns for the Foothills Area Command. Please secure your firearms when not in use — well meaning citizens are inadvertently arming the criminal population.
Memorial Day: The Foothills Substation will be closed on Monday, May 29th in observance of Memorial Day. We will open up again at 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday, May 30th. Thank you to all who serve and have served or sacrificed to keep our nation safe.
In the words of Bob Dylan, who had another birthday this week, “A hero is someone who understands the responsibility that comes with his freedom.”
Ronald Reagan said, “Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world. A veteran does not have that problem.”
Property Crimes Reported in the Foothills Area Command on Wednesday, May 24th:
2 Stolen Vehicles: 11700-block of Central NE, 13400 Lomas NE.
1 Commercial Burglary: 13100-block of Central NE.
3 Residential Burglaries: 600-block of Jane St NE, 1400-block of Chihuahua NE, 5800-block of Mariola NE. Entries: Kicking in the back door, breaking a window, vacant home/entry method not listed. Items Stolen: Jewerly. Four guns, two swords, 4 garage door openers, a back pack, iPad, e-cigarette charger. Jewelry and rummaged through clothing.
3 Auto Burglaries: 500-block of Paisano SE, 3100-block of Jane St NE, 12700-block of Indian School Rd NE. Entries: Damaging door locks. Items stolen: Cash left in vehicle. Two of three were attempts to steal the vehicles which resulted in damages to the vehicles.
Jill Garcia, Crime Prevention Specialist / ICPS, NCPS – APD, Foothills Area Command