Crime Victim’s Rights Week is coming up: The first week of April will be Crime Victim’s Rights week. Did you know that the state of New Mexico has a Crime Victims Reparation Commission? Victims of crimes may qualify for financial assistance through the Commission if:
- A victim of a violent crime
- The crime took place in New Mexico
- The crime was reported to law enforcement within 30 days (exceptions for minors, victims of sexual assault, domestic violence)
- The crime occurred in the last 2 years
- The victim cooperated fully with law enforcement
To find out more about this program, the Commission and types of compensation, contact the Commission at:
- 6200 Uptown NE, Suite 210 in Albuquerque
- Calling toll-free at 1-800-306-6262 or (505) 841-9432
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Property crimes reported in the Foothills Area Command on Monday, March 27, 2017: Another gun stolen from a parked vehicle …
4 Stolen Vehicles: 400-block of Western Skies SE, 13400-block of Lomas Blvd NE, 2500-block of Callejon Dr NE, 13300-block of Mountain Rd NE.
10 Auto Burglaries: 500-block of Eubank Blvd SE, 500-block of Tramway Blvd NE, 3300-block of Juan Tabo Blvd NE two vehicles at the same address on the 3000-block of Eubank Blvd NE, 1100-block of Sandler NE, 1700-block of Antonio Dr NE, 11400-block of Kielich Ave NE, 5900-block of Mahogany Pl NE, 10100-block of Lagrima Del Oro NE.
Entries: Unlocked doors, punched door lock, smash & grabs (breaking a window to access item left in vehicle).
Items Stolen: a 22 caliber handgun; wallet and IDs; $1,000 cash, multiple purses, credit cards, debit cards, multiple IDs, a lunch bag; a back pack, 2 laptops, 2 tablets, 153-piece tool set, multiple tools and equipment; radar detector; tax documents; back pack, clothing and shoes; purse left on front passenger seat; a wallet; a driver license.
Jill Garcia, Crime Prevention Specialist / ICPS, NCPS – APD, Foothills Area Command