National Freedom of Information Day: March 16th is National Freedom of Information Day and the birthday of President James Madison. President Madison was focused on open government concepts and was one of the drafters of the United States Constitution and the United States Bill of Rights.
Have you wondered how to request city records? The City of Albuquerque has department Records Custodians and the procedures and Inspection of Public Records Act (IPRA) information are on the city’s web site on the Clerk page or can be located by clicking on the Transparency tab on the web site (www.cabq.gov/clerk/public-records).
To make a request for APD records, go through our department’s Records Custodian via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, call the APD Records Department at 768-2020 or visit in person at 400 Roma NW (north side of the building, first level off the lobby) to inquire about records or to ask questions about records requests.
Crime Prevention Tip for the Weekend: With fantastic weather predicted for the weekend, I am sure we will have plenty of citizens enjoying our Foothills Open Space trails. If you plan to drive to these scenic areas and then hike, walk the (leashed) dog, bicycle, run, picnic, etc. before you leave the house I remind you to:
- Clear the vehicle of any items of value or any items with your personal information.
- Pack up your vehicle registration and insurance documents and carry those with you.
- Don’t bring a purse and hide it in the car. Skip the purse and just bring the necessary items for your outing and carry those with you. Auto burglars check under the seats for purses.
- Carry your wallet with you. Auto burglars can pry open center consoles and glove boxes.
- Remove or carry extra keys, remotes to gated communities, garage door openers, cell phones/cell phone accessories.
- Lock up when you park.
- Enjoy your time in nature!
By following these steps, you have just secured your property and greatly reduced your odds of being an auto burglary victim.
Property Crimes Reported on Wednesday, March 15th in the Foothills Area Command
1 Armed Robbery/Commercial: 11400-block of Snow Heights NE (delivery driver, not a structure).
1 Stolen Vehicles: 200-block of Figueroa.
1 Auto Burglaries: 1500-block of Eubank Blvd NE. Entry: Not specified at time of research. Items Stolen: Wallet and IDs left in the car were stolen.
Stay safe —
Jill Garcia, Crime Prevention Specialist / ICPS, NCPS – APD, Foothills Area Command